11 December 2006

making dinner.




so, she's helped make smoothies and waffels (she's a pro witht the toaster!), but tonight was her first "real"cooking experience...if you can call microwaving macaroni "real"cooking. but anyway, we had so much fun. she loved stirring the noodles and adding the milk, butter, and cheese. mostly, i think her favorite part was eating it.

i can't believe how much she's grown. the baby is gone. and the little girl is constantly evolving before me. as she gave me a hug tonight before bedtime, i stole a few extra moments of snuggling. with my eyes closed, holding my gigantic, wonderful monster, i remembered those moments from oh-so-long ago when i was so exausted from holding the skinny little baby that she was all day long. but the moment i sat down to rock her to sleep, my strength was renewed and i could have held her all night long...or at least until i fell asleep...but it was amazing. and it is one of those moments i really do miss now that my little booger isn't really all that little anymore. i wouldn't go back. i soo look forward to each new day with her...today she recognised herself in a picture and said "hannah" instead of "baby" like she usually does. instead of just saying "juice" when refering to her cup, she said "hannah juice". i am having a really hard time keeping up. it's awesome.

1 comment:

Hope said...

You made me tear up because we're going through the same things right now and it reminded me of Zach! Today he said 2 sentences: "I need shoes" and "turn it on". When did this happen? He also just started giving "real" hugs with both arms running toward me and he squeezes, too. When did he learn that?
Enjoy every minute! :)